re you trying to find your friends on Twitter, but things aren’t working out? Well, you can now learn how to find someone on Twitter using their name, email, or phone number. A single piece of information should be more than enough to get you back in touch with your acquaintances.
This social network makes it very easy for its users to search for people. Therefore, we prepared step-by-step guides to help you reconnect with people, follow them, and explore new accounts.
How To Use Twitter To Search For People?
Twitter has over 192 million daily active users, so how do you find an account when so many people are a part of this platform? This network offers you basic and advanced search, depending on the information you have. If there are friends you want to connect with, or you’re trying to get more followers for your business by following people you already know and spreading the word, there are a few ways to do it. You can use the name, email, phone number of Twitter’s suggestions.
Using Their Name
- After logging into your account, click on the Twitter search bar.
- Type in the name or the username of the person you’re looking for.
- Twitter will show you a search results list, which you can explore to see if you recognize the person.
- If you do, click on their name, and it will take you to their profile.
What happens if you can’t find a user with their name, but you’re sure they have an account? Inactive usernames will still exist as a part of the list, but if the person hasn’t been active for a very long time, Twitter might remove their account. You can find these inactive users if you scroll down the list.
Anyone who decides to delete Twitter, their profile will no longer be associated with their previous username. That’s one of the reasons why Twitter recommends deactivating an account for a while before deciding if deleting it is the best alternative.
Using An Email Or Phone Number
How to find contacts on Twitter if you have their phone number or email? Knowing at least one of these two things can help you navigate the search results much easier and find the person you’re looking for quickly.
Searching a person on Twitter by phone number is an option as long as you have the number listed in your contacts and you allow the platform to use this information from your phone book.
- Log into your account on the app.
- Tap on Settings, then find Settings and Privacy to check out your privacy settings.
- Find Privacy and Safety and tap on it.
- Tap on Discoverability and Contacts.
- Find the Let Others Find Using Phone Numbers option and tap on it.
- Now choose Sync Address Book Contacts. Once you do, the app will sync your contacts on the phone with your Twitter account. When you tap Sync, the process starts right away. It might take a few minutes of waiting while the platform uploads your contacts.
- You can now log into your account via your preferred web browser.
- Click Settings, then Settings and Privacy, then Privacy and Safety.
- Click on Discoverability and Contacts.
- Find Manage Contacts and click on it.
- Here you’ll find your contacts that have Twitter and are a part of your phone book. In some cases, users won’t allow Twitter to find them via their contact information. This might prevent you from discovering people even if you have their number on your phone.
If you want to find people on Twitter and you already know their email addresses, then it shouldn’t take longer than a minute or two. This is the fastest, easiest route and works every single time.
- Start by logging into your Twitter profile on your computer or Twitter app.
- Click the Discover button.
- Click on the Find Friends button on your left-hand side.
- Click on Search Contacts right next to the icon of your email service.
- Log in with your email and password.
- Click Agree.
- Now your email contacts will be shared with Twitter, and you can easily start following the contacts that use this platform.
Find By Browsing Twitter’s Suggestion
Twitter suggestions can be very on-point. It’s one of the basic search functions to find people you’ve forgotten about or find new Twitter users you might want to follow.
- Log into your account and search for the Who To Follow section on the right part of the screen.
- You’ll see several suggestions based on your previous searches, other social platforms, emails, etc. If you want to explore more, click on Show More or View All.
Can you find contacts on Twitter if you only have their name, number, or email address? Yes, in most cases, you’ll only need one of three to activate the search engines on this social media platform. Another route to take is Twitter suggestions, that show people you might know based on your previous searches, information from other platforms, emails, etc.
Aside from these basic search options, there are several advanced Twitter search methods that usually require a third-party app. However, if you have any of the information we mentioned, one of these three guides will be more than enough.