Live Streaming is taking over all social media platforms, and Twitter is on the board with this new trend. This is an engaging way to entertain your audience, promote your profile, and even gain more followers.
But, how to make the best Twitter live streams, and are there some tips that can help you make the best content? Yes!
So, if you want to know more about Twitter Live, keep on reading and stay tuned until the end for all the tips and tricks that will help you make the best streams. Video content is the best way to promote your ideas and company, so use the suggestions right away to create effective campaigns.
And when you’re finished, take a look at our other Twitter guides:
- How to Go Live on Twitter with Twitter Live Stream Feeds
- How to Make a Thread on Twitter
- Top Twitter Trends
- How to See What’s Trending on Twitter
What is Twitter Live?
Twitter Live is a streaming feature on the platform that you can use to create engaging experiences and share live streams with your followers. This feature was introduced in 2015 with the famous Periscope app, but in 2021 Twitter officially made an in-app solution for live streaming.
Today, millions of users share their experiences live on Twitter and even use the feature to promote the content on other major platforms. With so many active users on the network, you can be sure that your content will reach the right people and increase revenue.
The pros and cons of Twitter Live
Just like any feature on social media, there are some ups and downs to it. Keep in mind that engagement is the key to your Twitter growth, so you might want to give live streaming a shot.
Twitter Live Pros
- Engagement – Live videos are on the rise and the audience loves to see their favorite content creators in everyday situations. Use this feature to engage with your viewers and boost your ratings.
It’s also worth noting that your viewers will be able to leave live comments and talk to you while you stream. This can give you motivation and ideas for future broadcasts.
- Location – If you are trying to be on the “Explore” page and reach people near you, you can use the location option to show your viewers where you are. This will put you on the map and allow a more targeted audience to be reached.
- Guests – Streaming live on Twitter can include up to three guests. This can make your content more interesting to watch and increase the number of views.
In addition, by choosing the right people as your guests, you are also tapping into their followers and making new connections.
- Sharing – At the end of each streaming session, you will be able to save your video and even post it to other networks. By doing so, you can reach more people who might have missed your Twitter video live.
Twitter Live Cons
- Privacy – The only way to go Live on Twitter is to do it publicly. If you have protected Tweets, you are not able to stream a live session on the platform. This means you can’t really select the audience and keep the video private.
On a positive note, this will increase your chances of being discovered by new people on the platform.
- Limited to mobile devices – While some users are able to stream from their desktops, most creators need to use mobile devices. Although it’s great to stream events on the go, it can be quite limiting for some content creators.
- Limited monetization options – There are only two official ways to monetize your Live stream, but we have more tips and tricks you can use to increase the earnings on Twitter.
How to go live on Twitter?
Now that we are familiar with the basics of Twitter Live, you might wonder how to make the stream in the first place. Luckily, the process of creating a high-quality stream on Twitter is easy as long as you follow our step-by-step guide.
Here is what you need to do:
Launch the Twitter App
Open the Twitter app on your Android phone, iPhone, iPad, or tablet. As long as the device supports live streaming on Twitter, you are good to go.
Make sure the app is up-to-date and that your OS supports the feature.
Click on “Compose”
Once you are logged into your Twitter profile, you need to find the compose icon to get started. This will allow you to access the camera and choose to capture a live session.
Keep in mind that your Live will not start automatically, and you still have time to make additional adjustments to enhance video content.
Add a Tweet
By describing your live stream and announcing it with a Tweet, you will attract more people. Use this feature to add relevant hashtags and mentions if needed. The Tweet will be posted before the streaming starts, so your followers will know what to expect.
As mentioned before, you will be able to add a location to your live sessions.
This might be a great opportunity to advertise your local business and reach people that really matter to you. Promoting new products and services on Twitter can help your business thrive.
This is a perfect time to add guests and other content creators to your live session. You can add up to three people at a time, so make sure they are a valuable addition to your cause.
Considering the live streams are meant to be engaging and interesting, adding a few more people will keep the conversation going strong.
Once you are ready, have the perfect angle and lighting, you can press the “Go LIVE” button and get started.
Keep in mind that there are options on the screen like flash, flip cam, and mute microphone that you can use during the session. In addition, explore all the options in the menu that will allow you to invite people to share and follow.
When your Twitter Live is complete, you can click on the “x” sign in the top left corner to end the session. Don’t worry, you will still have time to edit the video content and save it for sharing on other networks and to create funnel content.
This is one of the best features of live streaming on Twitter.
Great tips for live streaming on Twitter
If you want to make your streaming on Twitter extra special and enhance the user experience, we have a couple of tips that might come in handy. Considering Twitter has millions of active users, you need to stand out from your competition and make every live session count.
Knowing the basics we mentioned before will help you a lot when you are just getting started, but if you want to grow your Twitter profile and attract more followers, you need to consider the following ideas:
Analyze Your Stats
When you end your live session, you will have the opportunity to analyze the stats of that particular stream. This includes the total live viewers, comments, and other details that might help you decide what is the best marketing strategy for your Twitter promotion.
Realizing what your audience responds to best can help you make better Twitter live streams in the future.
Invest In Good Equipment
Considering that the majority of streams are made on mobile devices, the quality still needs to be top-notch to attract more viewers and followers. Investing in a good tripod or even a selfie stick can make your videos professional-looking and crisp.
There is nothing worse for the engagement than shaky and poor video quality.
Find Your Angle
Live Streams on Twitter are a visual experience and if you want to make shoppable Livestream events and video content you need to know your angles. Try centering your face above the comment section and raise your camera up until you find the best placement.
In addition, light can make a huge difference in the quality of the video. So, if you are not willing to purchase the professional ring light, use your flash wisely.
Engage With Twitter Users
Engagement is the most crucial point of making Twitter Live, so you need to make sure your viewers are entertained and want to see more. You can achieve this by implementing:
- Comments – Twitter video live will give you the opportunity to receive live comments and react to them. This can be a great way to get closer to your audience, listen to their suggestions, and make all the adjustments on the spot.
- Emojis – Don’t forget to use fun emojis that compliment your business and Twitter profile. A carefully placed emoji can draw in the attention and gain you more followers in return.
- Links – Adding links to your Tweets and Lives can increase engagement on your other social channels and boost your earning potential.
- Call to action – Asking your audience to share and follow you for more is an important step you need to take if you want to grow your Twitter account.
Pin Your Broadcast
When the streaming session is complete, the video will appear as a Tweet you posted. By pinning it to the top of your page, you will make sure everyone has a chance to take a look and share the experience.
This is also a good time to edit the video content and add timestamps that will help your followers find the most interesting parts.
Create a Schedule
Even though Twitter Live is created to capture news events and spontaneous videos, you can still make a schedule and post regularly. Creating live streams frequently will increase the interactions on your profile and attract more viewers in the future.
How To Monetize Your Twitter Live?
Considering that there are limited monetization options on the app, you might want to increase your earning potential with a few tips and tricks provided. Remember, you need a larger audience if you want to be successful on Twitter, so having organic growth is the key.
- Use Twitter Amplify Program
Twitter offers two ways for monetizing live video: Amplify pre-roll and Amplify sponsorships. To use any of the programs, you need to be accepted by Twitter and add the advertisers who run ads on your Livestream content.
This can be a great option when you are just getting started, but popular Twitter users have multiple sources of income.
- Share Content on Other Platforms
One of the best things about Twitter streaming is the ability to use the video content and share it with other platforms. Keep in mind that there are third-party tools that will allow you to stream simultaneously on multiple platforms.
Sharing your content on other social platforms can increase your chances of being a successful influencer and boost your earning potential.
- Affiliate Marketing
Twitter has become a Livestream shopping platform, so adding a few affiliate links in your live streams and your Tweets can really make a difference. This is a great way to earn part of the revenue if your followers click on the link and purchase the products.
- Launch New Products
Many content creators and even large companies use the live streaming option on Twitter to promote new products and spark engagement with their audience. Using video content has been shown to increase the success of the campaign up to 10 times more, so jump on the trend and create some amazing streams now.
Having a strong and organic Twitter account can propel your business and content to success. By adding constant updates and making spontaneous live streams, you will engage with your audience more and pique their interest.
Creating the best Twitter live might be overwhelming when you are just getting started on this social media platform, but with our advice and detailed steps, you will be one step ahead of the competition.
Keep in mind that you need to have fun while making these videos because the positive emotions you have will catch on to your audience and make the engagement rates rise. Considering that your followers are the key to your success, you need to focus on entertaining them and making them follow for more.