Twitter is among the best-built social media platforms in the world. It has an attractive, user-friendly interface and built-in tools to help users find whatever they are looking for in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately, for beginners with no knowledge of how to use these tools efficiently, finding a specific video or tweet can be hectic and time-consuming. Since it has many active users who constantly keep posting, looking for one specific video can be compared to looking for a needle in a haystack.
Fortunately, there are advanced search options that make searching for content on the platform much more accessible. We will show you how to use Twitter search tool to make your video searches much easier.
And when you’re done check out our other helpful Twitter guides:
How to Search for a Video on Twitter?
There are many ways to find a video on Twitter. You can use the search tool, go through your friends’ tweets, follow trending topics, and many more. But all these are tiresome and might not help you find what you’ve been looking for. That’s why we recommend using Twitter’s advanced search option.
The Twitter video search tool uses an advanced search query to make searches less time-consuming and accurate. Here is how to use it effectively:
- Enter the search term in the search box located at the top of your Twitter app or website
- Click on search filters to bring down the drop-down menu containing a list of advance search options.
- Alternatively, you can find these options on the left side of your screen under more options.
- The advanced search option should provide you with a list of boxes to be filled.
- Write relevant information on the search boxes that you think might help you find the video you are looking for more easily.
- You can use “quotation marks” surrounding your search terms to refine your search even more.
- Be precise and shorten your search terms where necessary
- Use commands and search operators where necessary
- Depending on the nature of the video you are searching for, you might not get the results you are looking for unless you enable the “sensitive content” option on the search bar.
Advance search will give you more accurate results but still won’t let you see tweets from private accounts not unless they add you as a follower.
What Are the Benefits of Advanced Twitter Search?
Using the search bar to find tweets or videos can be tiresome since you must comb through many such results. We, therefore, recommend using the advanced search tool for its accuracy and filter effects.
The benefits of using the advanced search tool provides users with fewer and more precise search results, which helps save time and effort that would have been wasted if you were going through thousands, sometimes even millions of tweets.
What Options Are There to Find a Video on Twitter?
There are various ways to find a video on Twitter. You can:
- Input search terms in the search bar
- Use advance search options
- Enter commands or search operators
- Add “quotes” or refinements to search terms
How Do You Search for Old Video on Twitter?
Searching for old videos or tweets using commands will require information on the date the videos you are looking for were published. Here is how to do it:
- Write the command “tweet from” + “date video was published” so Twitter search video filters only display tweets from that specified date and block out older tweets
- Alternatively, you can use “tweet to” + “date.” This will filter out tweets posted after the date you indicated, leading to fewer but more accurate results
- Finally, you can set a date range that only shows tweets “from” and “to” a specific date. In filters, there will be two boxes, one with the “from” and the other with “until.” The dates you enter in these boxes will determine the date range your video search results
How to Clear Your Video Search History
Twitter normally keeps a record of all your searches to develop more accurate suggestions. If you don’t want your previous search history to be displayed, you can simply delete it by following the steps below:
First, ensure you are logged in to your Twitter account
On the Web Version
- Click on the search bar
- At the top drop-down menu near “recent,”
- Choose clear all
Using the Mobile App Version
- Tap the magnifying glass icon to bring out the search tab
- Click on the search bar at the bottom of your screen
- Finally, tap the “x” next to recent searches to clear your search history
Twitter is ranked among the top social media platforms for a good reason. It is easy to join and has lots of helpful features. However, if you just recently joined the platform or have never performed a Twitter search of a video, finding what you are looking for in a pool of information can be pretty hectic. Fortunately, with the guidance from the tips we provided, you can easily overcome this hurdle.